Kimball Wong wins top awardTuesday, August 6, 2013
Australia Dance Theatre is proud to announce that one of their senior dancers, Kimball Wong took out the top gong and won the Australian Dance Award for the MOST OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A MALE DANCER for his performance in Proximity.
Kimball was up against some of Australia’s greatest male dancers:
1. Kimball Wong for Proximity [Australian Dance Theatre]
2. Daniel Riley McKinley for Terrain [Bangarra Dance Theatre]
3. James O’Hara for There’s Definitely a Prince Involved [The Australian Ballet]
4. Chen Wen for 2 One Another [Sydney Dance Company]
5. Paul White for Anatomy of an Afternoon [Martin del Amo]
This year’s awards were held for the first time in Canberra at the Canberra Theatre Centre. The awards recognise and honour professional Australian dance artists who have made an outstanding contribution to Australian dance.
You can see Kimball’s great performance in Proximity this month in Melbourne. Proximity is showing at the Arts Centre Melbourne, 15-18 August. For more information about Proximity at the Arts Centre Melbourne, click here.