Australian Dance Theatre takes out top awards at 2014 Green Room AwardsTuesday, April 29, 2014
Australian Dance Theatre took out two prestigious Green Room Awards last night in Melbourne: Best Visual Design & Best Performance by a Dance Ensemble for the company’s 2013 season of Proximity at the Arts Centre Melbourne.
The event was held at Melbourne’s Comedy Theatre and awards were accepted by globally renowned Artistic Director for the ADT, Garry Stewart.
The Green Room Awards are peer awards which recognise excellence in cabaret, dance, drama, fringe theatre, musical theatre and opera in Melbourne.
Visual Design in Dance Award
AWARD WINNER – Proximity – Australian Dance Theatre (Thomas Pachoud (Video & Video Engineering), Mark Pennington (Lighting Design) & Geoff Cobham (Design Consultant))
- Russell Dumas, Simon Lloyd, Margie Medlin & Ysabel de Maisonneuve – Design – Dance for the Time Being – Southern Exposure (Russell Dumas)
- Robin Fox (sculpture design) & Jen Hector (lighting design) – A Small Prometheus (Stephanie Lake & Robin Fox)
- Jérôme Kaplan – Costume & set design – Cinderella (The Australian Ballet)
- Jonathon Oxlade – Set Design – Skeleton (Larissa McGowan)
Best Dance Ensemble Performance Awards
AWARD WINNER – Cast of Proximity – Australian Dance Theatre
- Aorta – Stephanie Lake & Chunky Move
- Blizzard – Nat Cursio Co.
- Conversation Piece – Lucy Guerin Inc. and Belvoir Theatre Company
- P.O.V. – Lee Serle