A look back on 2017Friday, December 22, 2017
As we reflect on what has been a huge and exciting year for the company, we sincerely thank all our valued sponsors and supporters for ensuring that we are able to continue to create and perform new work, play a leading role as a cultural ambassador for Australia, and provide opportunities for the future generation of dancers and dance makers.
- We welcomed a new Youth Ensemble and kicked off the year performing in the Adelaide Fringe Festival Parade
- Our interactive video installation, Proximity Interactive featured at ACMI as part of Melbourne’s White Night
- Garry Stewart’s Doppelganger premiered at the Art Gallery of South Australia’s Versus Rodin: bodies across space and time as part of the Adelaide Festival
- Our Youth Ensemble performed a work choreographed by Scott Ewen at The Art Gallery of South Australia’s inaugural NEO – Teen Takeover
- We held our annual Rough Draft, with all proceeds going to support the NORPA Flood Relief, featuring works by Connor Gibson, Chris Dyke, Scott Ewen, Ruby Dolman, ADT dancers Jana Castillo & Harrison Elliott, an excerpt of Doppelganger performed by ADT and a discussion on stroke rehabilitation by Susan Hillier
- We presented the Melbourne Premiere of Be Your Self at the Southbank Theatre, followed by a national tour of Be Your Self Redux to Toowoomba, Lismore, Wyong, Parramatta, Frankston & Mildura
- We hosted the celebration event for Fifty by Maggie Tonkin together with past and present Artistic Directors, dancers and friends
- We hosted our annual Secondment Week for 30 tertiary dance students from across the country
- In the lead up to our season of Tanja Liedtke’s construct, we performed an excerpt at the 2017 Helpmann Awards
- We presented the Adelaide return season of construct by Tanja Liedtke at the Adelaide Festival Centre, supported by the Tanja Liedtke Foundation, in commemoration of the 10-year anniversary of her passing
- Artistic Director Garry Stewart was announced as a 2017 Churchill Fellow
- We launched our 2018 program which included the exciting announcment of the inaugural Adelaide Dance Festival (8-21 July 2017)
- We presented the international premiere of The Beginning of Nature at Teatro Mayor Julio Mario Santo Domingo in Bogota, Colombia on our first ever tour to South America!
- We farewelled our beloved Wonderland Ballroom premises and said hello to our new home at The Odeon Theatre in the inner-Adelaide suburb of Norwood.
Thank you for joining us in 2017.