Applications are now open for the sixth Tanja Liedtke Fellow.
The 2019 Tanja Liedtke Fellowship is offered by the Tanja Liedtke Foundation in partnership with Berlin’s ada Studio and Australian Dance Theatre’s International Centre for Choreography.
The Tanja Liedtke Foundation was established in July 2008 in honour of the dancer and choreographer, Tanja Liedtke. The Foundation draws its focus and energy from the inspiration of Tanja Liedtke, her determination, her passion and her unique vision.
The Tanja Liedtke Foundation seeks to achieve this by encouraging, supporting and celebrating a dynamic spirit of creative adventure in choreography and dance practice, and by enabling exciting opportunities for a broad range of dance artists. The Fellowship program reflects this vision.
The 2019 Fellowship program takes place from 29 July – 25 August 2019 (exclusive of international travel days). The Fellowship is open for applications from dancers/choreographers between the ages of 20 and 35. All applicants must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
In keeping with the purpose and aims of the Foundation, the Fellowship focuses on the advancement and enrichment of contemporary dance theatre, and simultaneously, encouragement of new artistic connections in an environment of international exchange.
The two key objectives of the 2019 Fellowship are:
1. To provide a program of opportunity for an emerging Australian dancer/choreographer to expand and develop his/her creative boundaries;
2. To enable young and emerging artists to meet and work collaboratively in the context of international exchange and experimentation.
The Fellowship program includes a range of opportunities for creative development, artistic exchange, study, attendance of performances and international networking. The program is especially focused on providing an emerging Australian dance artist, who has not had extensive experience in Europe, the opportunity to work in Berlin.
In 2019, the ADT ICC will be managing the Fellowship application process in partnership with the Foundation. ADT’s Artistic Director Garry Stewart and Associate Artistic Director Sarah-Jayne Howard will join the selection panel.
The Fellowship includes:
- Flights (return to city of origin)
- On ground travel (taxi/train)
- Salary for the creative project
- Budget for creative project (3000 euro)
- Tickets to Tanz in August performances
- Download and read the Information for Candidates – here. You may need to refresh the page.
- Download the Application Checklist – here. You may need to refresh the page.
- Prepare application based on checklist requirements after you have read the Information for Candidates thoroughly.
- Email your application in one Word document or as PDF file and to email@example.com using the subject line [Full Name] Tanja Liedtke Fellowship Application 2019. You will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure you have included your contact details including full name, date of birth, residential address and phone number as well as the URLs to your support material within your application.
Support material must be received no later than 5pm Australian Central Daylight-Saving Time, 14 December 2018. Late material will not be considered.
For further enquiry, questions or information please email Sarah-Jayne Howard: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Australian Dance Theatre on (08) 8373 7733.